HUNTSVILLE – What an anniversary surprise it was Thursday night for Huntsville Botanical Garden CEO Sue Wagner.
Just three days shy of her fourth anniversary at the Botanical Garden, Wagner received the coveted Russell G. Brown Executive Leadership Award at the Small Business Awards Gala hosted by the the Huntsville/Madison County Chamber.
The 38th annual event honored local small businesses and individuals and was held at the Von Braun Center Saturn Ballroom.
The winners were:
- Young Professional of the Year: Terica Pope, Huntsville Housing Authority
- Nonprofit of the Year: Village of Promise
- Construction Company of the Year: Bret Slaton Homes
- Minority-Owned Business of the Year: Mb Solutions
- Emerging Business of the Year: 106 Jefferson Huntsville Downtown, Curio by Hilton
- Professional/Technical Services Business of the Year: Red Sage Communications
- Engineering/Defense Business of the Year (Small): TriVector Services
- Engineering/Defense Business of the Year (Medium): HigherEchelon
- Engineering/Defense Business of the Year (Large): Trideum
- Veteran-Owned Business of the Year: Offset Strategic Services
- Hospitality Services Business of the Year: Pizzelle’s Confections
- Arts & Recreation Business of the Year: Von Braun Center
- Health/Social Services Business of the Year: Alabama Colon and Gastro Woman-Owned Business of the Year: OTC
- Russell G. Brown Executive Leadership Award: Sue Wagner, Huntsville Botanical Garden
The Huntsville/Madison County Chamber hosts this annual event to recognize the outstanding work of businesses and individuals in the community. Scoring and judging was handled by the Plano, Texas, Chamber of Commerce.