73.1 F
Muscle Shoals
71.2 F
Albertville
65.5 F
Fort Payne

CATEGORY

Community

City of Madison Planning Commission approves new Village at Town Madison development

The City of Madison Planning Commission has unanimously approved the site plan for their new Village at Town Madison. Located on 6.54 acres of property...

Pick-Your-Own-Tulips Farm adds hot air balloon rides

Hubert Family Farms, located North of Huntsville in New Market, has added hot air balloon rides to this year’s tulip season. The season only...

Madison Hospital president Mary Lynn Wright on their past and future as the hospital celebrates 10-year anniversary

256 Today’s Mecca Musick spoke with Madison Hospital president Mary Lynn Wright as the hospital celebrates their 10-year anniversary on February 28. Madison Hospital first...

I survived as a middle school substitute teacher

I got a text from my friend, Mecca. She asked me if I would write about what it’s like answering the call to be...

Calhoun waives graduation fees, moves May graduation to VBC for increased attendance

Calhoun Community College administrators are respecting the struggles students have had with continuous COVID restrictions in 2021 and will be celebrating their accomplishments this...

Auburn University expands Huntsville footprint with purchase of former LogiCore facility

Auburn University is expanding its footprint in Huntsville with the acquisition of two former Logicore Corp. buildings located at 345 Voyager Way in Cummings...

Black History Month: Public invited to historic resource survey meeting on Magnolia Terrace this week

With Black History Month upon us, Huntsville’s African-American community will get an update this week on the ongoing historic resource survey being conducted on...

Sandra Moon Community Complex gets $4.37 million for next phase of renovations

The Huntsville City Council unanimously approved $4.37 million in construction services with Consolidated Construction Company to continue the next phase of renovations that will...

NCAA DI South Regional Men’s and Women’s Cross Country Championships returning to Huntsville in 2022

Huntsville, AL – The location of the 2022 NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) Division I South Regional Men’s and Women’s Cross Country Championships has been changed...

Sweet ideas for a romantic Valentine’s weekend in Huntsville

Huntsville is taking Valentine’s Day seriously this year because we have an entire weekend ahead to celebrate it. But before we share all the...