Muscle Shoals
74.6 F
Albertville
75.7 F
Fort Payne

CATEGORY

Community

Huntsville Stars, Havoc nights highlight Trash Pandas season-ending homestand

MADISON -- The playoff-bound Rocket City Trash Pandas return to Toyota Field this week for their final homestand of the regular season. While the arch-rival...

Sizzle and Smoke at Riverfest features first triple steak cookoff in Alabama

DECATUR – After a one-year break due to the pandemic in 2020 and sluggish ticket sales in 2021, Decatur’s annual Riverfest festival is returning...

Vintage Pickin Fall Market in Fort Payne a pickers paradise

FORT PAYNE – The month of October brings cooler temperatures and glorious fall colors to DeKalb County, making it an ideal time to plan...

Gameday Saturday: Touchdowns and touch-ups

FLORENCE -- A final swipe of Wild Berry lipstick and I’m ready. I’ve been looking forward to this all week. The anticipation is killing me,...

September a month of local fairs and festivals

Although it might still be a few weeks until the deep South will feel a true nip in the air, the calendar says that...

RCP brings $110M Anthem House mixed-use development to MidCity

HUNTSVILLE – Addressing the area’s need for more tech and corporate workforce housing, RCP Companies has announced a $110 million urban mixed-use development for...

Kid’s Kingdom is closed; long live the new and improved version

MADISON – Oh how I love to go up in a swing, up in the sky …. Whaaa? Ever since Kid’s Kingdom at Dublin Park...

Our Town Podcast: Sara James, TARCOG economic development and planning director

256 Today is proud to present the Our Town Podcast. Check here every week for the latest episode from Troy Bye, Huntsville’s newest favorite son. The Our...

Kratos lease renewal, expansion confirms plans for growth

HUNTSVILLE –  Kratos Defense & Security Solutions renewed its lease in Cummings Research Park for 10 more years, confirming its long-term commitment to Huntsville....

Decatur, Arts Foundation seek artists for Johnston Street Alley project

DECATUR – Street murals are known to beautify public and private places by adding color and character to otherwise plain, dirty building walls. They...