HUNTSVILLE — The Marshall Space Flight Center is hosting the 34th Marshall Small Business Alliance Meeting and Industry & Advocates Award Ceremony today at the Davison Center for Space Exploration. It will also be streamed online via Microsoft Teams from 7 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. CST.
The 16th annual MSFC Industry and Advocates Awards ceremony will take place at 10:45 a.m. These awards reflect leadership in the aerospace business community and sustained achievement.
The hybrid event, meaning you may participate in person or virtually, will feature updates from NASA’s Office of Small Business Program, the Marshall Exploration Production and Operations Contract, and the Human Landing Systems Program.
Speakers from Marshall Logistics Support Services, NASA Protective Services, and Small Business Offices from multiple NASA Centers will also be present; along with Huntsville and Madison city leaders and industry speakers.
The NASA speakers at the event include:
- Richard Mann, program manager at the Office of Small Business Programs, NASA Headquarters
- Larry Leopard, Marshall associate director of Technical
- Steve Miley, special assistant, Exploration Production and Operations Contract for Marshall
- John Cannaday, director, Marshall Office of Procurement
- Davy Jones, Program, Planning and Control office manager for the Human Landing System Program at Marshall
- David Brock, Marshall Small Business specialist
- Dana Justice, Marshall Product Service Line lead
- Robert Watts, Small Business specialist, Johnson Space Center
- Joseph Mahaley, assistant administrator, Marshall Protective Services
The Marshall Small Business Alliance was created to provide industry with maximum exposure to the Marshall marketplace.
This meeting is being held in conjunction with the NASA Office of Procurement. It provides policy, oversight, and optimization of procurement resources and acquisition strategies to enable effective and efficient operations.