HUNTSVILLE – And away we go!
Mayor Tommy Battle had your six this morning when he signed his annual proclamation declaring this Armed Forces Celebration Week. The ceremony takes was at the Veterans Memorial in downtown Huntsville.
The festivities resume at 6:30 p.m., when Concerts in the Park hosts the Maneuver Center of Excellence Band from Fort Benning, Ga. The performance in Huntsville’s Big Spring Park features inspirational tunes, followed by spectacular fireworks.
That’s just the first wave of this week’s events.
- Tuesday: It’s batter up for the Community Softball Game between Team Redstone and the Community Leaders from 5:30–7:30 p.m. at Toyota Field. There is free admission & parking with gates open at 5 p.m. and first pitch at 5:30 p.m. Read more about the game here.
- Wednesday: AUSA is holding a Professionals Event from 6–8 p.m. on Butler Green at Campus 805 with Brandon Elder providing entertainment.
- Thursday: The AUSA’s Iron Mike Golf Tournament tees off. Registration is at 7 a.m. Shotgun Start at 8:30 a.m. at The Links at Redstone.
- Thursday night: A special Biergarten at the Davidson Center for Space Exploration at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center from 4:30–7:30 p.m.
- Friday: The Armed Forces Celebration Luncheon from noon-1 p.m. in the Von Braun Center East Hall 1-2.
In addition to these events, are attractions will offer free or discounted admissions for military families all week.
Civilians don’t forget to thank our military members for their patriotic service in support of our country when you see them this week.