HUNTSVILLE — Huntsville City Schools will provide free meals to children 18 and under beginning June 5.
The Summer Food Service Program will be at summer learning sites and community centers across Huntsville.
The first half of the program will operate Monday-Thursday during summer learning activities from June 5-29. The second half of the program will operate Monday-Thursday from July 3-13.
The program will be closed for holidays June 19 and July 4.
Weather may impact service days and times.
HCS summer learning sites will serve breakfast from 7:30-8:30 a.m. and lunch from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at:
- AAA Elementary/Middle
- Dawson Elementary
- Highlands Elementary
- Lakewood Elementary
- Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary
- McDonnell Elementary
- Chapman Elementary/Middle
- Ronald McNair Jr. High
- Sonnie Hereford Elementary
- Whitesburg Elementary/Middle
The food program is also available at:
- Richard Showers Splash Pad from 10:30 a.m. to noon.
- Brahan Spring Recreation Center from 12:45– 1:45 p.m.
- Calvary Hills hours will be announced