HUNTSVILLE – The menu choices at MidCity District continue to move in a diverse direction.
The restaurant lineup at MidCity not only continues to expand – the district isn’t even halfway through its original buildout – but offers diners the chance to explore.
In 2024, Appalachia will be heard from with Alabama’s first Tupelo Honey Southern Kitchen & Bar. Ground will be broken early next year and a summer opening is planned. The restaurant will be on the first floor of MidCity’s first residential building Metronome.
Tupelo Honey is an upscale-casual, southern-inspired restaurant with a reputation for its scratch-made food. Breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner is offered. Started as the first farm-to-table in Asheville (N.C.), the restaurant now has 22 locations nationwide.
The company states it “infuses its Southern and Appalachian spirit into every aspect of the restaurant.”
“We’re excited to add Alabama’s first Tupelo Honey location to MidCity District’s growing portfolio of exceptional tenants,” said Nadia Niakossary, RCP Companies senior director of development. “A proven concept in numerous rapidly growing cities – from Dallas to Asheville – Tupelo Honey will be a fantastic addition for MidCity visitors and residents alike
looking for a delicious Southern breakfast, lunch or dinner.”
Tupelo Honey’s southern dishes are made with a modern twist. The restaurant also offers handcrafted cocktails, local craft beers and a wine selection.
“We’d searched for our first Alabama location for several years before selecting Huntsville,” Tupelo Honey CEO Stephen Frabitore said. “MidCity is an extraordinary project that goes beyond the mixed-use elements we look for. The master plan intelligently blends the concept of live, work and play with a dynamic entertainment component.
“MidCity District is quickly becoming a multi-state gathering spot, and we are thrilled to be a part of the story.”
A sampling of Tupelo Honey’s menu at its Chattanooga restaurant:
- Snacks and sides – Crispy Brussels, Cast Iron Pimento Cheese Dip, Braised Collard Greens, Rosemary and Parmesan Crispy Potatoes, Biscuits For A Cause (funds go to in-need employees)
- Sandwiches –
- Chicken and Waffles: Classic, Sriracha Honey Fried, Mac-N-Cheese with Asheville Hot fried chicken
- Fried chicken – Bone-In, Honey-Dusted; Sweet and Spicy
- Chef-inspired – Bistro Filet and Loaded Potatoes, Tupelo Shrimp and Grits, Grilled Salmon and Creamy Quinoa
- Southern Classics – Bourbon Peppercorn Glazed Meatloaf, Blackened Wild-Caught Mahi-Mahi, Cast Iron Pork
- Dessert – Heavenly Banana Pudding
- Drinks – Bless Your Heart and Blue Ridge mimosas, The Boozy Turkey, Citrus Got Real
- Kids – Burger, Waffles, Buttered Noodles