HUNTSVILLE – The Huntsville/Madison County Chamber has extended the deadline for submitting Small Business Award applications until Friday.
Businesses that did not receive a nomination email, should contact Ashley Engles-Ross.
Nominees have been submitted in the following business categories:
- Admin/Support Services Business of the Year
- Arts & Recreation Business of the Year
- Construction Company of the Year
- Emerging Business of the Year
- Health/Social Services Business of the Year
- Hospitality Services Business of the Year
- Manufacturer of the Year
- Minority-Owned Business of the Year
- Nonprofit of the Year
- Professional/Technical Services Business of the Year
- Retailer of the Year
- Veteran-Owned Business of the Year
- Woman-Owned Business of the Year
- Russell G. Brown Executive Leadership Award
- Young Professional of the Year
Review the qualifications below:
- Nominee must be a current Chamber Member in good standing; membership and account must be current through September 2023.
- Nominee must be licensed in the State of Alabama.
- Nominee must be within the required employee count (under 250 employees); the only exception is the Professional/Technical Services category. Employee count is the total number of employees in ALL
- Nominations will be accepted in the Professional/Technical Services category for companies that are: Small (≤100 employees), Medium (101-300 employees), and Large (301+). An award will be made in each size category.
- Nominee must have been actively in business a minimum of three years (by September 28, 2023); the only exception is the Emerging Business category.
- Nominees for the Emerging Business category may not be more than two years old by Sept. 28, 2023.
- Nominee in any business category must not have received any of the Huntsville/Madison County Chamber Small Business Award(s) in the last three (3) years, excluding Young Professional of the Year or the Russell G. Brown Executive Leadership Award.
- Nominee may apply for more than one category (category must describe 75% of services/products provided) but will only be eligible to receive ONE
- Awards will only be given in categories with 3 or more valid contenders.