WASHINGTON— The Federal Aviation Administration has awarded more than $5 million in grant funding to five airports in North Alabama, U.S. Rep. Dale Strong announced Wednesday.
The Fiscal Year 2024 grants were administered through the Airport Infrastructure Grant program and funded by the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act.
“The FAA’s investment in North Alabama’s airport infrastructure will support economic development efforts across our region,” said Strong (R-Monrovia). “This funding will further ensure the Tennessee Valley has reliable means of air travel and our industry can efficiently move goods to market.”
The AIG program awards, totaling $5,050,568, are:
- Huntsville International Airport–Carl T. Jones Field:$4,174,568
- Pryor Field Regional Airport (Decatur): $294,000
- Huntsville Executive Airport–Tom Sharp Jr. Field: $294,000
- Hartselle-Morgan County Regional Airport: $144,000
- Scottsboro Municipal Airport–Word Field: $144,000